Monday, June 15, 2009

Yellow bell pepper on it's way, lots of others. My peppers seem behind some of the other blogs I've seen. They've grown a lot since I gave them more compost but still small. I put extra straw around them to protect their roots since they don't grow as deeply as the tomatoes.


I lost the first round of squash but the second round was close behind. I took Cindy's advice and put straw down to keep them out of the dirt. We've had so much rain the dirt is holding a lot of moisture.


The red grape tomatoes are going crazy!


The cucumbers are really coming along, this is by far the biggest one so far. The cucumbers are a bit unruly, they keep wanting to attach to the tomato and pepper cages and run behind the garden. I go out every day and reroute them back to their trellis.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, that all looks great! Thanks for the pictures of the yellow squash. I have some of that but wasn't sure what to expect, pretty much like a zucchini I guess. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete