Monday, June 1, 2009

Ugh... Bugs...

Please help me...

I think I have slugs and maybe aphids again (see previous post Ready, Set, Go)?

In case I am correct I did the soapy water spray and will rinse in the morning. They seem to just be on the squash right now. I wonder if I should treat the tomatoes just in case? Will it hurt the blooms?

Any advice or if it doesn't look like aphids let me know!

Slug Trap to check in the morning

Are these aphids or slug eggs?

Definitely slugs I think?

More mystery bugs...

Finally, what is this thing?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, what happened to that leaf? I see what looks like some aphids on the photo although it is really hard to tell what it is. I don't know what slug eggs look like, I have never seen any before but that just looks like aphids to me. If they are only on that leaf and not on the flowers of the squash plant, don't worry about it, just get rid of that leaf. If they are on the flowers, make sure you spray them well with Neem oil or our NEEM II mix. Aphids are sucking insects and don't have teeth so they can't eat holes in leaves but slugs are voracious eaters and will find a nice shady spot and eat away in small bites. You would see lots of small holes if it were slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of bugs either.

    ReplyDelete